H-1B Visas and H-2B Visas

Abogados de Inmigracion en Oxnard


Temporary Worker Visas

H visas are often the preferred choice for most professional companies who want to temporarily bring in professionals with specialized knowledge, although there are yearly limits on the number of visas available. These visas must be obtained through the worker's prospective employer, who must file a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). An employer must obtain a labor condition application as a part of the visa process. SGM & ASSOCIATES ( abogados de inmigracion en Oxnard ) can assist employers with:
  • H-1B Visas (Person in Specialty Occupation): The professional must be hired in a specialty occupation that requires a Bachelor's degree or higher, or its equivalent. Examples of specialty occupations for H-1B visas include engineers, architects, lawyers, physicians, and other professional positions.
  • H-2B Visas (Temporary Non-Agricultural Worker): Employers can bring in temporary or seasonal non-agricultural workers under this visa if the employer can demonstrate the need.
  • H-4 Visas (Family members of H-1B workers): Under this category, family members of H-1B visa holders can enter the United States for the same period of time as the worker. Only spouses and unmarried children younger than 21 years old qualify.
It is recommended that employers begin the process as early as possible before April 1 of the application year due to the limited number of visas available.

Period of Stay in the U.S.

H-1B visa holders can stay in the country for a maximum of 6 years. H-1B visa holders are also allowed dual intent, which allows them to apply for legal permanent residency while entering the U.S. H-2B visa holders are authorized to stay in the U.S. for the period of employment up to a year, with up to 3 years maximum including extensions. SGM & ASSOCIATES  can guide employers through the process.