EB-2 Visas

Abogados de Inmigracion en Oxnard

SGM Immigration Lawyers will help You File

Individuals who can offer the United States their special skills, experience and knowledge through a higher education, or unique abilities that would benefit the nation’s well being may be able to enter the country using a second preference EB-2 visa. Unlike many other forms of visas, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL) are invested in who is given an EB-2 visa. A rigorous certification process has been created to ensure that qualified citizens are not losing gainful employment to under qualified foreign workers. If you need help understanding this process and correctly filing for your EB-2 employment visa, contact SGM & ASSOCIATES ( abogados de inmigracion en Oxnard ).

Eligibility Criteria for EB-2 Visas

When filing for an EB-2 visa, you must first decide which of the three subcategories best fit your unique situation. EB-2 subcategories are:
  • Advanced educational degree: A person who holds an advanced degree in their field, such as a doctorate or master’s degree, can apply for an EB-2 visa. The only documentation required in many advanced degree EB-2 visa filing is evidence of the degree. This can be as simple as providing a copy or the original degree obtained. In some cases, proof of an equivalent degree or a U.S. baccalaureate degree may also be acceptable.
  • Exceptional skills: If you hold a degree related to science, art, or business that is above most others in your field, you can apply for an EB-2 visa based on your exceptional abilities. You must back your skills with proof of 10 years of full-time experience, an official practitioner’s license, a high salary for your work, professional recognitions, and membership to relevant associations.
  • National interest waiver: There are certain people with extraordinary skills or knowledge that would be of great gain to the United States as a whole should they find work within the country. If you can prove that your employment in the States would be a positive national interest, the EB-2 requirements could potentially be waived.

Bringing Your Family into the Country

Another benefit of gaining a second preference EB-2 visa for employment is the opportunity it grants your family members. Your spouse and children who are not legal adults – over the age of 21 by international standards – can gain entrance to the United States using an E-21 or E-22 immigrant status, so long as you have achieved an EB-2 visa. If you choose to file for a green card, or permanent resident status, your spouse would also be able to file for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

Beginning Your Case, Completing Your Journey

Entering the United States is often the dream of many foreign workers who want to advance their careers and improve the overall wellbeing of their lives. Turn that dream into a reality with our help. Start today by calling (805) 486-8300 and ask for a consultation.